Clinical Services at RIH are designed to provide holistic, high quality, primary, and urgent care services including:
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute illnesses and injuries
- Treatment and monitoring of chronic illnesses under the direction of your physician
- Immunizations including MMR, Tetanus, Meningitis, Hepatitis B, Gardasil, seasonal flu, and others
- Preventive and routine gynecological and contraceptive care
- Tuberculosis screenings
- Routine physical examinations
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screenings
- Allergy shots under the direction of your allergist
- Laboratory testing including free, confidential HIV testing
- Pharmacy services for prescriptions written by RIH providers, including birth control and emergency contraception
- Massage Therapy
Scheduling an Appointment
To make an appointment with a healthcare provider, registered nurse, or medical assistant, please contact us and a member of the front desk team will assist patients in making virtual appointments with a provider during our operating hours.
There are three ways to schedule an appointment:
- By phone, by calling 410-455-2542, during operating hours Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- In-person, by visiting RIH located on the second floor of the Center for Well-Being, during operating hours (it is suggested to make an appointment ahead for a minimal waiting period)
- Some visit types are also able to be scheduled online using your secure patient portal.
If you miss your scheduled appointment without canceling ahead of time, you may be charged a “no show” fee.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO WEAR A MASK WHEN YOU ENTER THE CENTER FOR WELL-BEING BUILDING
If you already made an appointment but then later have contact with someone who has had symptoms that could be COVID-related, have tested positive for COVID-19, or are currently experiencing any symptoms that could be related to COVID-19 including fever (temperature greater than 100.4 degrees), cough, shortness of breath, chills, fatigue, muscle/body aches, headache, new loss of sense of taste/smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea please call 410-455-2542 prior to your scheduled appointment.
Important Information for Appointments
Patients must have a form of identification (UMBC I.D. or another form of identification).
Patients must also have their health insurance card or a copy of it.*
Arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to verify health insurance and update any personal information. You may be asked to reschedule your appointment if you are more than 10 minutes late.
*If you are under 18 years of age, you must have a letter signed by your parent or guardian with permission to treat.
Notification of Lab Results
Unless otherwise discussed with your medical provider, your lab results considered “normal” will be mailed to the address provided at check-in. If your lab results are “abnormal,” you will be notified by phone. Please ensure you provide an operating phone number at which a voice mail can be left.
RIH has a psychiatric nurse practitioner on-site part-time who, depending on your insurance policy, may be able to prescribe medications as part of your mental health treatment. Alternatively, the RIH Referral Coordinators may help you get connected to services in the community.